If you need a change in the day and/or time of your appointment, inform the department you consult.
The Medical treatment fees
In our Hospital, from 1st September 2017, the medical treatment fees for patients who do not possess Japanese citizenship and do not have any valid public health insurance in Japan will be calculated at a rate of 20 yen per point.
However, regarding disposable medical equipment, medication, etc., the medical treatment fees will be calculated at a rate of 10 yen per point.
(Not including consumption tax)
When you arrive at Kagoshima University Hospital
If you need consultation only, check in 10 minutes before the appointed time of the appointed day.
Consultation and Examination
Check in 90 minutes before the appointed time if you are to take a body fluid analysis. Check in 30 minutes before the appointed time if you are to take an X-ray examination.
Check-in for revisits
- Go to General Reception first if your health insurance has been changed or renewed. If not, go directly to the check-in machine.
- Present your health insurance card and patient registration card to the reception counter.
- Go to the writing table, pick up an outpatient application form, fill it in and present the form to the Patient Registration with your health insurance card and a referral letter.
- When you are finished with the registration, you will be given a patient registration card, an outpatient clinical card and an outpatient memo. Present them to the reception counter of the department you consult. Present them to the examination reception counter if you take an examination.
Consultation and Examination at a Department
If another visit is necessary, make an appointment after the consultation.
- When you are finished with the consultation, go to the Calculation Counter, present your outpatient memo with your patient registration card, an external prescription and your health insurance card, and wait.
- When your data are entered, your patient registration card, the external prescription and your health insurance card will be returned, and a payment slip will be issued with your number printed on it. Wait until your number is shown on the payment number board.
When your number shows up on the board, pay the medical care fee through the ATM or at the payment counter.
Your Prescription Medication
When you are finished with the payment, bring your prescription ticket and receive your medication at the hospital pharmacy counter.
If you have received an external prescription, bring it to a health insurance pharmacy.
*The ATMs also issue a prescription ticket.
You can go home now