Before you come over to Kagoshima University Hospital
*Some departments at Kagoshima University Hospital take new patients even if they do not present a referral letter. In that case, the patient must pay for the Special or Specified Medical Care Coverage. It is recommended that you carry a referral letter with you.
When you arrive at Kagoshima University Hospital
New Patient Reception
- Make sure you carry with you your health insurance card and a referral letter.
- Go to the writing table, pick up an outpatient application form, fill it in and present the form to the New Patient Registration with your health insurance card and a referral letter.
*Make sure you are at the New Patient Registration at least 20 minutes before your appointed time.
- When you are finished with the registration, you will be given a patient registration card, an outpatient clinical card and an outpatient memo. Present them to the reception counter of the department you consult.
Consultation and Examination at a Department
If another visit is necessary, make an appointment after the consultation.
- When you are finished with the consultation, go to the No.6 Calculation Counter, present your outpatient memo with your patient registration card, an external prescription and your health insurance card, and wait.
- When your data are entered, your patient registration card, the external prescription and your health insurance card will be returned, and a payment slip will be issued with your number printed on it. Wait until your number is shown on the payment number board.
When your number shows up on the board, pay the medical care fee through the ATM or at the payment counter.
Your Prescription Medication
If you receive your medication from the hospital, take your prescription ticket when you are finished with the payment and receive it at the hospital pharmacy counter.
If you have received an external prescription, bring it to a health insurance pharmacy.
*The ATMs also issue a prescription ticket.
You can go home now
Don't know which department to consult?
If you are not sure about which department you should consult, visit General Clinic first.
General Clinic(総合診療室:Sougou Shinryou-shitsu) TEL.099-275-5970